Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's been more than a week since Meg's gone missing. A lot of the family and friends here are starting to loose hope, we've combed the entire town, parks in it, and a lot of the wilderness a few miles outside of town. There's no trace of her. I don't want to admit, not to anyone's face, but Meg's gone. I know she is. We're searching for a body now. At least if we find that, I can have an ounce of peace, of being able to bury my daughter, but it's not enough. I want her alive, I want to hold her in my arms and listen to her tell me all about her day, I want to see that look in her eyes when she's beyond happy.

I've been holding back this week, hoping something would turn up, but the flood gates broke tonight. I sat on my bed, sobbing for about hour, just hugging a picture of her. God, what I wouldn't give to see her smile one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment